National Cadets Corps
National Cadets Corps is a Tri-Services Organisations comprising the army, navy and air force, engaged in Grooming the youth- ‘The Leaders of Tomorrow. The National Cadet Corps in India is a voluntary organisation which recruits cadets from high schools, colleges and universities all over India. The Cadets are given basic military training in small arms, drills, etc. The NCC in India was formed with a National Cadet Corps act of 1948. It was raised on 15 July 1948.
- To develop character, Commander-ship, discipline leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service among-st the youth of the country.To develop character, commander-ship, discipline leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service among-st the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organised, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and be always available for the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
“एकता और अनुशासन ; Unity and Discipline”
The need for having motto for the Corps was discussed in the 11th Central Advisory Committee (CAC) meeting held on 11 Aug 1978. The motto suggested were
” Unity and Discipline Duty “
CARDINALS PRINCIPALS OF NCC
- OBEY WITH SMILE
- BE PUNCTUAL
- WORK HARD AND WITHOUT FUSS
- MAKE NO EXCUSES AND TELL NO LIES
NCC TRAINING ACTIVITIES
- Annual Training Camps: You will make a lot of friends from various schools and colleges of the city.
- Republic Day Camp at Delhi (RDC): How can anyone else get a chance to march at Raj path while still studying? NCC RDC
- Para Training Camp (PTC): Selected cadet get to undergo Para jumping at PTS, Agra along with Indian commandos and get to wear the coveted “Para Wings”.